Fanna Easter has been instructing dog training group classes and in home behavior consults for over 30 years. She has a special focus on separation anxiety and created a program for compulsive disorders. She’s earned her Certified Separation Anxiety Dog Trainer, Certified Dog Behavior Consultant and Certified Professional Dog Trainer, Fear Free Animal Trainer certification. Additionally, Fanna enjoys working with resource guarding and easily excited dogs.
Because education is vital, Fanna makes it her personal mission to continue learning. She has earned multiple national and international certifications in animal behavior and dog training. Because of her love to write, Fanna has written dog training class curricula and dog trainer courses for large pet box chains and nationally recognized dog training schools. Recently, she expertly advised and developed a new separation anxiety course for all Petco stores. Recently, she created a compulsive disorder program and was featured on a compulsive disorder webinar. Also, she’s authored several articles for Vice News, Dogs Naturally Magazine, Animal Wellness Magazine and numerous online blogs.
Currently, Fanna Easter serves on the board of directors for the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT). She works closely with Bull Terrier and Miniature Bull Terrier rescue developing compulsive disorder behavior modification programs.
Fanna shares her home with Eli Joesph (Miniature Bull Terrier) which has a compulsive disorder. She’s shared her home with Rottweilers and Bouviers in the past.
Fanna’s Past Experience:
For 5 years, Fanna Easter was Petco’s National Dog Training Expert. Fanna and her team developed, launched, and lead a new
positive reinforcement training program nationwide for over 1,500 Petco stores. Also, she created and executed positive training seminars, materials and online training for over 2,000 Petco dog trainers. While in this position, she made it her life mission to bring positive-only training methods into a large pet specialty store chain.
National Certifications & Professional Memberships:
- Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC thorugh IAABC)
- Certified Separation Anxiety Instructor (CSAT)
- Certified Pet Dog Trainer (CPDT-KA) since 2003
- Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA CTP)
- Board Of Director for Association Of Professional Dog Trainers 2018-Current
- Fear Free Certified Animal Trainer
- Association Of Professional Dog Trainers- Premium Professional Member
- Dog Behavior Course Graduate, Purdue University
- Primary Tag Teach Certification
- Certified In Pet Massage
- Current in Pet First Aid (yearly certifications)
- Volunteers with Bull Terrier and Rottweiler rescue
- Miniature Bull Terrier Club of America member